Also referred to as “Blue Gold” when it was first discovered, Indigo herb is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy for hair graying. Not only is it a natural hair dye, but also prevents or delays graying of hair when used earlier on. It can be easily mixed with henna powder to make a 100% natural hair dye that’s free from ammonia & other harmful substances. Even as a natural hair dye, it is found to last longer than other natural hair dyes.
In addition to hair dying, Indigo powder helps strengthen hair roots, treat dandruff and conditions dry & brittle hair.
- Indigo powder is the best natural long-lasting hair dye.
- Strengthens hair roots thus promoting hair growth.
- Fights dandruff.
- Prevents & cures scalp infections.
- Deeply conditions hair, removes tangles & makes hair shiny.
Can be Used in a Variety of Ways
As a Hair Dye for Dark Hair:
- In an iron wok, or if you don’t have one then in a bowl, mix 200 gms of henna powder with 1 tbsp. of yogurt or lemon juice and enough warm water to form a thick paste. Soak this paste overnight.
- Next morning, add 200 gms of Indigo powder to this paste and a pinch of salt. Mix well, and add more warm water to even out the paste. Salt makes indigo release dye and gives you a darker color. Stir well & ensure that there are no lumps.
- With gloves on your hands, apply this mixture from root to tip and cover each & every strand of your hair. Cover your head with a shower cap & leave this hair mask on for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, wash off this hair mask with a mild sulphate-free shampoo & conditioner.
As a Hair Dye for Brown Hair
Same as above, but use a lesser quantity of Indigo powder, i.e., 100 gms for brown hair instead of 200 gms for dark hair. So your ratio of henna powder & indigo powder will be 1:1 for dark hair & 2:1 for brown/lighter hair.
Why 7Days Natural Indigo Powder:
- 100% organic hair color powder that is made and extracted from the leaves of the Indigo plants or Indigofera Tinctoria
- 100% chemical-free with no added synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or any kind of additives.
- Pure and micro-fine Indigo leaf powder as it is triple sifted
- Free from sls, parabens, sulphates, petroleum, mineral oil & other harmful substances.
- Can be used in a variety of ways for skin & hair.
- Suitable for all skin & hair types.
- Very gentle on the skin & hair.